Terms & Conditions
Heritage 4x4 Limited, t/a as Heritage 4x4, PRO-CUT Disc Skimmers and Heritage Motorhomes (hereinafter called “the Company”) accept vehicles for repairs, for examination with the view to estimating for repairs, for garaging or for any other purpose, only on and subject to he following terms and conditions (in addition to any condition stated on the face hereof):-
- Labour rates are £60.00 plus VAT (VAT is set at the rate issued by HMRC on the date of invoicing).
- The customer shall be entitled to the benefits of a warranty (unless stated otherwise) at time of invoicing to which the company is entitled to make against the manufacture of parts or supply of parts and materials or any sub-contracted service. All work carried out by the Company is warrantied against failure for a period of 3 months or 3,000 miles, whichever occurs first. This warranty extends only to undertaken work and does not cover progressive faults such as diagnosis scans and the following: Wheel alignments and air conditioning work. Wheel alignments are not included due to the current state of the roads, relating to poor maintenance and a lack of funding from Central Government (UK Government), to repair potholes as well as accidental kerbing of rims when parking. Air Conditioning due to the nature of R134 and other related gases, a concession of liability will be required before any work or repairs commence. Some warranties (on parts only), supplied by us may carry a warranty term for a longer period. Labour is confined to a 3 month period or 3,000 mile interval. If an item or component fails after 3 months or 3000 miles and has an extended warranty, its warranty on the failed component will be used. If there are any warranty claims of parts previously supplied by the Company, they must only be removed or inspected by the Company, its sub-contractors or appointed service agents. Labour will be charged at the current hourly rate in section #1 plus VAT. If the failed item or component is removed by a customer or a third party then all warranties will become void and no claims will be entered into with the customer. The customer must give the Company the first opportunity to inspect any failure either as a result of faulty parts/components or workmanship. Oils and fluids: We use a triple system to confirm the correct grade of fluid and oils have been supplied to your vehicle, if the wrong oils or fluids have been supplied by us incorrectly, we will report this to our suppliers and the liability will pass to our suppliers. If the customer suspects that the wrong fluids or oil has been supplied by the Company the customer must report this to the Company immediately and the vehicle must not be driven or started, it must not be inspected by the Customer or a third party, “inspected” meaning that any inspection/opening of a dipstick filling point or draining points/ports to any part of the vehicle’s engine, drivetrain system including axles and cooling system. If the vehicle has been inspected by a third party under the instruction of the customer then all warranty will become void and no claims will be entered into. The customer must inform the Company they believe the wrong grade of fluids or oil has been supplied by the Company, the Company will instruct the suppliers of the fluids or oils to test the oil independently by an impartial laboratory, independent from both the Company and the customer with the finding supplied to both parties. Samples are taken in a controlled environment which will be forensically tested for trace markers and trade brands of fluids or oils to confirm the specification’s of fluids or oils and the presence of any flushing agents. It if is confirmed the correct grade of fluids or oils have been supplied by the Company and our suppliers the full costs of testing and the inspection of the vehicle will be passed to the customer. The customer must ensure that any item(s) repaired, serviced and/or overhauled by us/or our suppliers must comply with the manufacture’s warranty and/or our appointed supplier’s service interval according to the terms and conditions enforced at the time. If a customer does not follow the stated advisory notes following a service or repair, our warranty becomes null and void in addition any parts supplied or failures to parts will not be subject to a claim or claims. Please therefore ensure that a vehicle is returned as soon as possible if any issues seem to arise, an inspection falling outside of the stated terms and conditions will be fully chargeable at the current rate outlined in section #1. This does not affect any statutory rights.
- All work must be paid for in full prior to the vehicle(s) leaving this site. This can be done by the following means: Cash, Debit*/ Credit**- Cards and PAYPAL***, Bank transfer and/or BACs transfer. We do not hold a credit licence, so unfortunately we cannot offer FCA credit terms. The Company may request a deposit before commencing or during the course of any work. A repair is completed when notice has been given to the customer that the vehicle is ready for collection or the parts are ready for collection. Trading Standards state, that the Company can withhold a vehicle(s) until full payment is made, if the customer is indebted to the Company and the debt is not satisfied within three months from when the customer is notified the vehicle is ready for collection, the Company may without notice, sell the vehicle and/or sell the contents thereof by public auction or private treaty strictly in accordance with English Law to recover our costs. The net proceeds of the sale shall be applied towards satisfying monies due from the customer to the Company and HMRC. Any balance shall be paid by the Company to the customer on demand. Late payment interest will be applied to any outstanding debt under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998 and will continue to increase until the debt is satisfied.
- We do not accept cheques.
- We do not normally accept trade work or accept work from a third party, only in certain circumstances will we accept trade work, which must be accompanied by an official purchase order number authorised by the department head, director or sole proprietor and this must be supplied in writing or by email. The account must be paid within 5 working days (working days are Monday to Saturday); if the account runs over the time period then a late penalty charge will be added to the invoice amount.
- All parts supplied by us are branded, new, and will be OE, OEM or high quality aftermarket. If eco or used parts, (not reconditioned parts), are supplied by us or the customer no warranty can be supplied by us or given on labour or parts, if we have to supply used parts you will be informed of this before commencement of work begins and concession of liability is required.
- The customer shall inspect the Goods prior to or on collection/delivery. No claim for any defect will be accepted save those brought to the attention of the Company at time of delivery/collection.
- Where the new goods are unpaid and held under a reservation of title the customer agrees the Company may enter upon its premises at any time with or without notice for the purpose of retrieving the goods that belong to the Company.
- The company shall have a general lien on a vehicle and all its contents for all monies owing to the Company by the customer on any account or non account customer whatsoever. The Company shall be entitled to charge the customer garaging/storage rent during any period in which the vehicle is retained by virtue of the lien. The customer has five calendar days to collect their vehicle on completion of work, if the collection is not made within five calendar days; the company reserves the right to charge a daily storage fee. The rate is currently £12.50 per day plus VAT charged at the current rate, if after 10 calendar days the vehicle has not been collected, the vehicle will be transferred to a secured storage site, the secured storage rate is £35.00 plus VAT per day set at the current rate and the recovery and transportation cost is currently £110 plus VAT set at the current rate. The outstanding storage and recovery costs and fees will be added to the invoice, please refer to section #3.
- Estimates are effective only for seven (7) calendar days only, after despatch. If instructions are not received from the customer (in response to an estimate rendered) within 7 days from despatch of the estimate, the Company may change the supplier’s current rate for goods and services. In most cases we can still supply the garage rate from the date the vehicle was received until its collection (Note: - The Company does not as a general rule make such charge for garaging pending instructions. If the repairs are ultimately carried out by the Company and duly paid for).
- (i) All estimates by the Company are based on the current cost to the Company for labour, material and spare parts at the date of the estimate, and in the event of any variation occurring before or after or after acceptance the Company may if it thinks fit, require the customer to pay on completion of the work any increase due to such variation.
(ii) If no price is stated or if only part of the work is covered by the estimate and work is carried out, the Company shall be entitled to charge a reasonable and proper price for the work done, (including any stripping down leading to determination as to the practicability or otherwise of any work and reassembly and for materials and spare parts supplied.)
(iii) If in the opinion of the Company, it is impracticable for any reason to carry out any work instructed by the customer, it shall be entitled to refrain from completing such work, (notwithstanding that an estimate may have been given).
- Every endeavour will be made to carry out the work by the time desired, if the customer defers, either verbally, in writing, by email or by means of text message to authorise or to give clear instructions on ordering of parts the Company shall not be liable for any delays.
- The ordering of non-returnable electrical items, such as switches, injectors, and wiper motor fuel injection systems, (petrol or diesel), relays etc. cannot be returned for credit as these are classed as one off purchases from our suppliers. You will be informed of this at time of inspection or in the course of an inspection.
- Any work completed or goods supplied in relation to a vehicle, by the order of any driver in the customer’s employ, or by any person who is reasonably believed to be acting as the customer’s agent, or by the order of any person to whom the Company is entitled to make delivery of the vehicle, shall be paid for by the customer.
- Where in any case a driver who, so far as the Company is aware, has the authority to collect a vehicle or parts, the Company shall not be responsible to the customer for any loss or damage resulting, on the grounds that such driver or person has had in fact no such authority and delivery may have been made without payment to the Company account. It shall not be obligatory upon the Company to seek confirmation of the authority of any person reasonably believed to be then, or to have been at some time connected with the Customer.
- If any inspection, repair, or contemplated repair, or other purpose for the vehicle is accepted by the customer and testing, taking the vehicle to the coachbuilders or other specialist repairs off site, the customer is deemed, unless express notice in writing is given to the contrary, to have authorised the driving of the vehicle on the road or elsewhere by the Company or its appointed service agents.
- Except in the case of consumer transactions the Company or its Director is not responsible for loss or damage to vehicles or other property whatsoever however occasioned. The Company or its Director will not accept liability for loss or damage to vehicles or consequential loss or damage or direct physical damage to persons or property.
- All parts removed by the company in the course of repairs, if not claimed by the customer within 7 calendar days after the completion of the repairs will be deemed to be wholly abandoned to the Company and shall become the Company’s absolute property accordingly.
- Any notice to the customer posted to his/her last known address shall be good notice.
- Save where the context forbids, the expression “vehicle” wherever used in these Conditions includes car, 4x4, MPV, SUV, lorry, truck, trailer, caravan, invalid carriage, motorhome, and cycle/motorbike, and as a separate unit or otherwise, engine, axle, gearbox, automatic transmission, clutch, generator, starter motor, battery and each and every component of a vehicle.
- No alteration or qualification of these printed terms and conditions shall be effective unless in writing, signed on behalf of the Company by a Director or duly authorised officer of the Company. No other person has any authority to alter or qualify or in any way change the above printed conditions or to enter into any contract for repairs or services for any purposes set out in the preamble above on behalf of the Company.
- Unless otherwise stated, all service work undertaken is carried out in accordance with either manufacturers’ stated service and repairs schedule as first choice (Land Rover), or accepted aftermarket technical reference organisations.
- Payments made via Debit Cards*, payments remain free of charge. Credit Cards**, a 3.3% surcharge will apply. PayPal Payments***, 4.75% surcharge will apply. Late paying for goods or services will be subject to interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts [Interest] Act 1998.
- Data Protection, in all cases personal data will be retained for use in our business only, we will not pass it on to any third party, directly or indirectly, suppliers information will not be passed on to customers under any circumstances.
- Customers are strongly advised to remove all items of value not connected with the vehicle when leaving it on the Company’s premises since the Company cannot accept liability for any loss or damage to same except in consumer transactions when this is shown to have been caused by lack of reasonable care on the part of the Company.
- The Company reserves the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time by posting changes online.
- Jurisdiction; These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Disclaimer: We will try to ensure that information on our website is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site or services.
- Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site, nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
- In no event will the Company be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
- Company information, the Company will not be held responsible if any persons or organisations that are supplied with inaccurate, non-complete or non-up-to-date company information, the Company cannot accept liability for the lack of reasonable care on the part of the Company or organisations that has supplied you the incorrect company information for any consequential losses.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, the Company will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
- If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions in full, you must stop using this website and our offered services immediately, by using our offered services you agreed to our Terms and Conditions in full.
Heritage 4x4 Limited is Registered in England, Registration Number: 07075664, Registered Office: Unit 2, Fallow Corner Drove, Manea, PE15 0LT, England.